søndag 29. november 2009

Case 8: Timer and array

In this case the task was to make some objects for the main character to pick up, and something that he must avoid. It was also one of the tasks to make a timer.

I wanted my character to pick up coffeecups, and make a coffeemeter that shows how much coffee the main character has drunk. First i had to learn how to use arrays, and as soon I figured that out it was pretty simple to make several coffeecups on the stage for the main character to pick up.
The next step was to make the coffeemeter. first I animated the coffee meter. I made the coffee meter with five levels, from empty to full.

Then it was about time to make a timer. iIwanted to try and make the timer in a own as-document since i naver had dome that before. It was pretty hard because it was a totally new way of doing things. So it would in my case have been much easier to make the timer in the same document as everything else. Ofcource it is practical to use several documets to get more system into it, but I dont think i will bother using more documets in this game. the main document and the timer documet is enough. maybe next time ;p

I have learned a lot in this case. the most important thing I learned was hoe to use arrays. I am sure that I will use arrays a lot.
I have also learned how to use the timerEvent. It was alot easier to use then to make a own frame timer.

the game so far

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar